Celebrating International Women’s Day
International Women’s Day is a day to celebrate the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women around the world. It is also a day to reflect on the progress that has been made towards gender equality and to consider the work that still needs to be done. At McHugh Steel, we are proud to celebrate International Women’s Day and to recognize the contributions of the women who work for our company.
McHugh Steel is a family-owned and operate business that has been providing quality steel products and services to the North Queensland region for over 30 years. We have a team of 85 employees, including 15 women. While this represents 17.5% of our workforce, we are committed to creating a workplace culture that is inclusive, diverse, and welcoming to all.
In honor of International Women’s Day. We would like to highlight the achievements of some of the women who work for McHugh Steel.
- Sonja-CEO. Sonja is responsible for leading the company’s overall strategic direction and day-to-day operations.
- Demi- Human Resources Manager: Demi is responsible for recruiting, hiring, and managing our team of employees, ensuring that everyone is supported and valued.
- Emma- Steel Framing Manager. Emma is responsible for everything in the steel framing department.
- Ebony- Accounts, Purchasing, Office Manager, Executive Support. Ebony is responsible for managing our key accounts, building relationships with our customers, and ensuring that their needs are met.
- Belinda- Shed Admin Specialist. Belinda is responsible for processing shed jobs, invoicing sheds, overseeing, and working closely with our shed department.
- Caitlyn, Krissy, and Lauren-Administration & Sales.They assist our team with administrative support, ensuring that our records and files are organized and up to date.
- Pooja- Marketing Coordinator. Pooja is responsible for coordinating our marketing efforts, including social media, email campaigns, and advertising.
- Gill-Sales Representative: Gill is a talented sales representative who is passionate about building relationships with customers and finding the right solutions to meet their needs.
- Stephanie, Lyn, and Anna- Draftsperson: They are skilled draftsperson who creates detailed plans and drawings for our fabrication and construction projects.
- Marle - Stores person. Marley is responsible for managing the inventory and ensuring that goods are stored, handled, and distributed correctly.
- Ana- Factory Worker. Ana is responsible for operating steel frame machine and assembling frame trusses.
These women are just a few examples of the talented and dedicated professionals who work for McHugh Steel. We are proud to have them on our team and to celebrate their achievements on International Women’s Day. We know that by creating a workplace that is inclusive, supportive, and welcoming to all, we can continue to attract and retain top talent, and provide the best possible service to our customers.