WAYS THAT STEEL FRAMING CAN MAKE LIFE EASIER
Steel framing is a new and popular alternative to what builders traditionally used. What benefits do steel framing have for your home?
- Minimizing waste
- Steel is recyclable
- Green thumb - Steel frames are more environmentally friendly than timber, as using natural vegetation to make way for plantation
- Reduced construction costs – Light weight steel framing weighs less than timber, which brings with it a reduction in labor. Steel frames are easy to construct and finish, meaning you’ll also have access to the skills to modify or extend your home later.
- Easy installation
- Design possibilities - Curves, creative design and optimum architectural forms are easier to achieve with metal framing as virtually anything is impossible. These include long clear spans for open living and even curves trusses.
- Excellent durability - Steel frames have the ability to sustain more structural weight and last longer than timber, they also don’t absorb moisture or dry out
- Termite proof without using harmful chemicals
- Fire resistant
- Stronger and straighter - Using steel will give your build a straighter finish, especially along roof lines, ceilings and wall, which, when built from timber, can visibly flex and warp over time. Steel provides stronger foundations preventing your home from sloping and sinking over time. Steel also resists damage from storms, wind and lightening better than timber.